I Am The Sun and He can Go Suck It

I Am The Sun and He can Go Suck It
Get Your Grey's Fix

Disclaimer

Grey's Anatomy Addicts in in no way affiliated with ABC TV, Shonda Rhimes or Grey's Anatomy. It is a personal blog containing news and gossip, my personal opinions and that of the fans. All photos have the correct attribution added.

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Grey's Anatomy Recaps


I don't know about you, but for me as a fan of Grey's Anatomy and a dedicated viewer for the last ten Seasons, I have always enjoyed reading reviews and recaps of the episodes. I often go back to certain websites and read old ones from the earlier seasons. Since the popular website Television Without Pity (TWOP) forums closed down last Saturday, I knew that I was going to miss reading everyone's comments and opinions regarding the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy and I also wondered who was going to continue writing recaps of the latest episode. The writer over at TWOP, due to illness only managed to write the Season 10 recaps up until We Gotta Get Out Of This Place, Season 10-16. Lauren S was the primary writer of the recaps at TWOP, however in the beginning there were a few writers that contributed to the episode recaps and they are really fantastic reading.







What I loved about the recap writers was that they took the time to write an extensive review/recap of the episode. They were entertaining and funny and when the owners of TWOP eventually delete them, I will miss going back for a read through. The recaps were quite lengthy to read, which did not bother me, however there was also a shortened format for readers and fans of Grey's Anatomy who were in a hurry and did not have time to read the entire, comprehensive recap. When the TWOP Forums shut down a few days ago, they left the recaps there, however the writers cannot add to them and the readers cannot make comments anymore as the page has been archived as read only. It is my belief that eventually they will be gone for good. Although some of the moderators at TWOP said that they are staying. 




Anyway; I have been thinking for a while that I should start doing this here at this site. There are some reviews of Grey's Anatomy here, however reviews and recaps are not something I write on a regular basis, mainly because I am busy with other writing projects. My plan would be to start working from Season One during the hiatus and when Grey's Anatomy returns in September, I will begin recapping and reviewing each episode. I haven't quite made up my mind on just how I will do this so that all the recaps/reviews are in order, but it will probably mean a second blog that links to this one.

I would really appreciate some feedback from my readers on this as it something I would really love to do. I believe that a lot of Grey's Anatomy fans would enjoy being able to have a special place to go and read about their favourite episodes and the latest episode and also have the freedom to comment or start a discussion. One of the members from the TWOP forums has started a new forum, which looks like it could become popular so I am also thinking about linking each recap to the appropriate thread over on their forum so that readers can go and join in the discussion.

Lastly, if you love to write about Grey's Anatomy and writing recaps/reviews of old episodes really appeals to you, then let me know by sending me an email. It would be great if my regular readers also wanted to contribute, I would love that. So let me know what you think. Email me or use the comments box or you can catch me on social media at the links below.

Follow Grey's Anatomy Addicts on Facebook and Twitter 





Visit Janelle Coulton's website: Jel Writes 




Copyright © 2014 Janelle Coulton

No comments:

Post a Comment